Breville Pizza Oven Review: Best Choice for Cooking Pizza Indoors
It is the perfect option for pizza enthusiasts who don’t have enough space for an outdoor oven and want to make an investment in a countertop appliance that replicates the function of an outside oven. However, make sure that you have enough counter space for it.
On the downside, it is pricey, so maybe if you are a beginner pizza maker, a less expensive pizza oven will suit you best. On the contrary, if you are a true pizza lover and create your own sauces and dough recipes, and you cannot fit an outdoor oven in your backyard, or you lack a patio, we recommend the Breville Pizzaiolo.
Breville is an Australian brand that has been on the scene for nearly a century, and it is the go-to company for many people when it comes to home appliances due to its high-quality products.
The Pizzaiolo is a countertop oven that reaches top temperatures for authentic wood-fired pizzas in only two minutes or less. At 750°F, the crust comes out crispy, and the toppings perfectly melted, which is why many pizza lovers go for it. The oven has a manual mode that allows you to adjust the temperature at your preference, and it is a breeze to clean; besides, it comes with a metal pizza peel, as well as a metal pan for making pan pizzas.
- Heats like a brick oven – Thanks to Breville’s Element IQ System, the oven replicates the three types of heat generated by a brick oven – conductive, radiant, and convective. By steering the power to where is needed, the pizza comes out evenly cooked.
- Effortless cleaning – The oven has much positive feedback regarding its cleaning, and the pizza stone can be removed for easy cleaning as well.
- Many cooking settings – You have several options on how to cook your 12’’ pizza, such as Pan, New York, Thin & Crispy, Wood-Fired, and Bar Style. There is also a Frozen pizza option, and a setting to adjust the darkness of the crust.
- Modern look – Many users have stated that the oven has a modern design that fits in with the rest of their appliances; however, keep in mind how much counter space you have. The dimensions of the oven are 18.5 x 18.3 x 10.8 inches, which is about the size of a regular microwave.
- Manual mode – You will be able to control deck and top temperatures and to select which heating elements are in operation. It’s all up to your preferences.
- Front window – The center of the door has a glass window that allows you to check how charred the crust of your pizza is.
- 2-year warranty – You may use a warranty for the next two years after purchase, in case there is a manufacturing issue.
- Quick pizzas – Once the oven has reached 750°F (the preheat takes about 10-20 minutes), it retains heat efficiently; hence, you can bake pizza after pizza in little time.
- Durability – The Pizzaiolo is made with stainless steel; therefore, it is a durable product. Several users have mentioned to own it for many years now, and that it still works perfectly.
You Should Also Know
- The pizza stone is fragile – Some users indicated that you need to be careful when cleaning the pizza stone because it may crack. Even though it’s not the majority of cases, still, always let the stone gets cool before washing it, and handle it carefully.
- It’s not cool to touch – Keep in mind that the exterior of the oven gets hot, so you should be cautious about this aspect. Avoid leaving stuff close to it, and use an oven mitt if necessary, to avoid burnings.
- It has a learning curve – A few users mentioned that the Breville Pizzaiolo might be tricky to use if you are a novice pizza maker, but nothing that some practice won’t solve.
- The cord is short – While this may not be an issue for people that have electrical outlets close enough to plug the oven in, you should know it, just in case.
Our Score: 4.6 out of 5